BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Residence's at the Zoo

This last week while I was in Boise we went on different outings. It was great. One of our outings was to the zoo. I have gone several times with Cole, but the tortoise was always in a corner inside of his shell and we didn't ever get to see it. We were pretty excited when we got to its location and there he was, looking up at everyone. I have always loved turtle's and to me the tortoise is just as cool.



The leopards were great. Again they are always hard to see or are hidden away. But today this guy was right out on a log so you could get a really good look at him. I loved how he was so relaxed on the log sleeping and his hind legs just dangling. The kids were ready to keep moving and I just wanted to stay and watch him, oh well.



As we were coming up a pathway there was the most loud noise and one you just can't describe. One I had really never heard, then we came up to the area and it was this male zebra. He was so funny, just baying and carrying on. It was feeding time and he I guess thought it was his turn and no one was coming fast enough. He did stop for a little while so I was able to get some good pictures of him. Most of the time he is inside and hard to see. So this was great!



At the Boise zoo there is a building the children can go into and it is a hands on discovery center. Well in one of the exhibits there was this ringed neck turtle dove. Oh the memories that brought back. My sister had some she was raising and they were so cool she gave me two. Curt built a cage and we put it down stairs. Now this was not a small cage, it was pretty good sized so they could fly around a little. Well we found out one day that they were a mating pair. We saw an egg on their platform. It so exciting when the egg hatched, and we got to watch it grow. Once in a while we would get them out and they would fly around the room. The neatest memory was when the female laid two eggs and both hatched and we had twins. They were so cute. The one sad part was after a while we realized that I was allergic to them and had to sell them. It was hard to let them go; every morning they would coo to say good morning. That was the most soothing sound. I would just sit and listen to them. Well anyway, it was great to see the bird and reminisce about the past.

1 comments:

Mindy K said...

You have a great eye, Torri.

I'll see you in a couple weeks at the anniversary party!